Every year, ahead of the Guinness Six Nations Rugby Championship, Guinness and Six Nations host a launch where Media are invited to capture content of the Union Captains and Coaches ahead of the start of the Championship.
With an ever-changing global pandemic and six European Rugby Unions with six different governing rules, how could we launch the Guinness Six Nations Championship safely whilst still continuing to generate great media coverage?
- Designed a fully branded virtual launch using an intuitive and flexible virtual platform to emulate the same schedule and deliverables as previous physical launches. It was important that the format, schedule, rooms and content was familiar and user-friendly.
- Created a marketing strategy to deliver all key information to ensure a seamless registration process and orientation prior to the live event.
- Worked closely with all unions to find solutions around their Covid-19 restrictions to ensure we could live stream all Captains & Coaches safely. Our 29 socially distanced, local crew across 8 locations enabled the Captains & Coaches to join each interview session live, assisted by 8 session moderators.
- Our fully branded platform depicted the key areas attendees would recognise and our virtual rooms included a Main Stage, hosted by Nigel Owens, 40 Media Rotation Sessions running simultaneously across 5 hours, and 8 Content Hub booths. It also hosted the registration to the event, along with a simplified version of a complex schedule, key information, a Chat function, Polling & private networking.
- Each member of the Media received a pre-launch gift in the post and a virtual press pack.
- Post-launch Media were provided with recordings from the day to use in their content.
- It was a huge success with great feedback from all stakeholders and a significant uplift in branded media coverage.
VERVE’S INVOLVEMENT & ROLE
- Full end to end management
- 1 Virtual Media Launch
- 12 Captains & Coaches live at 7 locations
- 1 branded Studio
- 5 Pre-Recorded Stakeholder Speeches
- 200 Media Gifts
- 200+ Registered attendees